Humanist Education Assistant
The Education Assistant helps manage the work of the American Humanist Association Education Department and reports to the Director of Education. Starting salary will be $32K. The AHA offers good benefits, including health insurance and a 403(b) retirement savings plan. The American Humanist Association is an equal opportunity employer.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan events which include (but not limited to):
- Create and distribute event registrations, meal orders, evaluations and survey forms
- Coordinate onsite courses, workshops and seminars i.e. securing meeting space, ordering catering and/or meeting the needs of instructors and students.
- Supporting educational programs, Humanist Society and other AHA program which includes (but not limited to):
- Process and maintain Humanist Society endorsements for celebrants, chaplains and lay leaders.
- Provide additional supportive services per request to assist maintenance of education programs, Humanist Society and other AHA programs.
- BA with strong written and oral communication skills
- Organizing and editing abilities
- Meticulous attention to detail, while multi-tasking
- Initiative to discover and take on new projects
We encourage you to visit our website, http://www.americanhumanist.org/ for more information about our work. Humanism is a progressive lifestance that, without theism, affirms our ability and responsibility to lead meaningful, ethical lives capable of adding to the greater good of humanity.
We strongly encourage people of color, transgender and non-binary people to apply. AHA is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to join our team.
Send Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com